Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Jammie Day Saturday -Easter Penguin










 Good Morning!

I do hope you can take a few minutes to browse today! Grab your cocoa, your bowl of oaties, slip on your bunny slippers and here we go!!!!!!

I had a different card all made up to show you today and then I stumbled on to this wonderful sketch at I {heart} sketches. Such inspiration, I had to put the other card on hold and spend my evening last night making this cutie. Funny how that works sometimes...a plan gets stuck in your head and you just have to go with it!


I stamped this cute little Great Impressions Easter Penguin in Versamark Black so that the penguin stamped nice and black. I carefully colored him with copics (versamark tends to smear with copics-be careful). Actually funny how a card can develop around a BOO BOO! I had this little penguin all colored and cut into a rectangle when I realized he was leaning-alot...oopsie...so I cut him out with an oval nestie so that it made him stand up straight and then added  him to a rectangle-problem solved! And I  like it better this way too! A little mistake can make me think out of box and I usually come up with something I like better! How about you??  Do you like your revamped boo boo's better?

The sentiment is the same one I used last week and maybe next week and next week and next....oh can you tell I love this little stamp?

I hope you can take a few minutes to visit and browse the pretty creations posted by the DT this week. We try to post new inspiration everyday! You have a few more days to join in our monthly challenge HERE as well.

I will be waiting for you with my bunny slippers keeping my toesies toasty and we can visit next Saturday--- and you can see the card that was originally made for today-another fun and of course colorful creation!!!



card details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stamps:
Easter Penguin E575 by Great Impressions
Open Happy Easter by Great Impressions
Cardstock: Pebbles Sunny Side Designer paper 
 Bazzil Cardstock (candy hearts and banana split)

Ink: Versafine Black, Memento Black for sentiment
Copics:
YG01,03,06
Y35,38
 R 81,83
BG72
Y35,YR16
Misc: Pearls, dimensionals
Silhouette-banner cut file from Silhouette store.








5 comments :

Jenny said...

This is so fun and colorful Sue! Great coloring and design!

Patti J said...

Had my oaties! Your card is so cheerful and fun! Someone will love receiving it - so glad you found time to create! Hugs...

Mary Marsh said...

this is s ocute Sue-I love how all the bright colors-just how a spring card should look

Cheryl said...

Cute! I love all the fun colors and mix of patterns.


--Cheryl--

Joan V said...

What a cheery and colorful card. I love all the dp. Oh, that little penguin is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...