Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, February 28, 2014

Time for a Tag

     Today, I am bringing you a not so simple tag.  It doesn't look like it but this took a while to create.
I started with a plain packing tag and then used glimmer mist and a stencil of butterflies to lay down my first layer.  The second layer is pearl embossing paste with a brick wall stencil.  I then used pink distress ink on that and distressed the edges of the tag as well.  The next layer was a bit of raveled bleached burlap.



    Now comes the stamping.  I used C415 Rose Time Piece and stamped it three times.  I colored it and then cut it out and layered the different bits.  The bottom layer was covered with Gold stickles and the top, the watch face has a layer of crystal lacquer to look like a watch crystal.  Each layer was popped using dimensionals.  Finally I threaded a bit of old chain through the the top of the watch so it would look like a watch chain.

   I added a flower sprig tied with some torn lace and a pretty bird to perch over the bleached burlap.  I was thinking I might like a pin through the lace tie when I found a pretty pink leaf corsage pin.  

    Next up was my last bit of stamping.  The sentiment, D445 Patience,  seemed perfect to go with the C415 Rose Time Piece.  I stamped it on a bit of scrap cardstock and then distressed the edges and added some smeared pink stickles to the sides.

   The final layer for this tag was a crepe paper ruffle added across the bottom.  Then I added some torn lace to the top and called it done.

   See you next Friday,  in the meantime, go create something beautiful.

Mary Anne

   

2 comments :

Mynn xx said...

This is just gorgeous! I LOVE all of the details--such a beautiful tag! Mynn xx

~ Kendra ~ said...

LOVELY tag!! Love all the details!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...