Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Monday, November 3, 2014

Frame Technique

Happy Monday Great Impressions Stamp Friends!

Kendra from Luv 2 Scrap 'n Make Cards here today to share a technique with you!!

So along with loving stamps, we also all love dies!
I am so used to always using dies to cut out my images to use for my cards.

Why not use the negative area for a change?
Instead of always using the intended shape!

Frame It Technique

First, start by collecting your supplies:
Not many needed for this technique!
Stamped image on 4" by 5 1/4" piece of paper, another piece the same size, your die shape you want to work with and masking tape. 

Next, stamp your image on one of the pieces of paper (which I already did as seen above).
Color as desired.  I finished mine after I had this technique finished.

Put a piece of masking tape on the top and bottom of the die facing up, just like the cutting edge.
Move it around till you find how you would like it to look.

Place the other piece of cardstock lightly on top.
Run through your die cutting machine.

As seen now, you have created a frame for the stamped image!  As well as having an oval, which you can save to stamp an image on later.


Now you are ready to decorate your card!!

Here is my finished card:
I love how it turned out!

I used the adorable new J114 Magical Snowman!
For the upper left I used the J105 Snowflake Swirl Background and for the lower right I used the A71 Snowflake Cluster to add the perfect touch!!

I used the D397 Winter Wonderland for my sentiment. 

Try it for yourself!  Super fun and easy!

You can check out personal blog here.

---------------

Thank you for stopping by to see my project today!
Be sure to stop back for more wonderful inspiration!

Join in our monthly challenge as well!  
We'd love to see what you create!

Check out the Great Impressions shop for more wonderful stamps!!

Have a sweet day!


1 comment :

Mynn xx said...

This is fabulous, Kendra! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...